Visitors

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rain, Glorious Rain!

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer
It has looked and felt like rain every day since my arrival on Okinawa one week ago, but, for the most part, the moisture just lingered in the air and never formed into precipitation. That changed today when the water works from above really cut loose. I emerged from the guest hotel that I currently call home early this morning and stared in amazement at the dark blue and gray clouds that were stacked from the rooftops clear up to Betelgeuse. By the time my ride showed up and we got to work, a good rain was falling.

And it rained off-and-on all day. (Eat your heart out, Arizona!)

My new best friend, a psychologist and co-worker named Dan, took me off-base for lunch. After a pleasant meal at an Hawaiian restaurant, we drove through the seaside community where he lives and then stood for awhile on the Sunabe Sea Wall watching the rain fall peacefully across the East China Sea.

There are no words to describe the beauty of the rain falling on the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment