Visitors

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Pet Fee

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer


 I had to call Die Nasty Housing this afternoon to get some information for my friend who is moving to Okinawa in January and will be camping out at my place until she can find her own.  I needed to know what my official street address is.  (I get most of my mail on base and have never had a need to know the street address.)  I learned that it is a surprisingly brief string of three numerals and one short, hyphenated word - nothing more.

After getting the address information from Chatty Cathy, I asked her about the extra housing charge if I were to acquire a little dog.  She thought that was a wonderful idea and told me that the one-time pet fee would only be 30,000 yen.  That is over three hundred dollars in real money!

No comments:

Post a Comment