Visitors

Friday, February 4, 2011

Return to Torii Beach

The tide was out - revealing lots of sea greenery and
tidal pools
by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer


This was my Friday off, and after dealing with some drudge stuff, I drove back to Torii Beach to again stroll along the ocean picking up sea glass.   I stopped at the Torii Base Shopette where I bought a sandwich and soft drink for an impromptu picnic on the beach.  I was sitting in my car at the beach and had just unwrapped the sandwich (a Subway Club) when the white cat from last week suddenly appeared and proceeded to beg shamelessly.  He shared  my sandwich and then went back to fishing.

An intact clam shell that I found last week
I had the beach to myself to begin with, but was later joined by three other beachcombers.  There was plenty of sea glass and shells for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment