Visitors

Friday, March 9, 2012

Vietnam 36: New Years Eve in Hanoi

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be peddlers!
by Pa Rock
World Traveler


New Years Eve in Hanoi was a big street party downtown by the lake.  We had to walk several blocks to get there, but the excitement was well worth the effort.  My camera was not capable of capturing scenes of the massive crowd gathered in front of the bandstand, so the photos that follow are mostly of stragglers toward the back of the crowd.

We left Vietnam the following morning.  A couple of New Year's Day photos are also included.

The bandstand way off in the distance
This finishes my photo tour of Vietnam.  I'll bet you thought it would never end - I know that I had my doubts for awhile!  If you are ever in the Far East, Vietnam is well worth a week or two of your time.










At the back of the crowd















More young people partying
With balloons!
Let's count down the seconds!
And counting!
Murphy dealing with a truckload of cops!
That's my suitcase being dragged from
our hotel on New Year's Day
Our neighbors had their own party on New Year's Eve!
The Hanoi Airport on January 1st, 2012.   So long, Vietnam!

No comments:

Post a Comment