Visitors

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Walk to the Beach

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer

Last night I left my apartment for an hour or so and went exploring into my new neighborhood.  My stroll took me past several small cafes, most of which featured some American fare including hamburgers and salads.  There was also a couple of souvenir shops selling touristy trinkets.  The East China Sea is about two blocks from my front door.  I walked along the beach and spent time standing on a small bridge listening to the surf drum slowly onto the land.  It was early evening, and dark, and by the time I headed home the neighborhood was rocking with young service people and their dates drinking beer on the sidewalks, telling stories, and laughing their cares away.

This morning when I woke up, one of the sights awaiting me was a couple of ships out on the horizon.  I think that I will like living by the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment