Visitors

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dreary Holiday Weekend

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer


The typhoon didn't materialize, but the rains came.  Today has been bleary, dreary, and rain-soaked.  I called each of my kids and my sister this morning - even managed to use the unreliable Magic Jack on a couple of the calls - and then went back to bed and read.  Finally this afternoon I decided to challenge the rain and drove over to Camp Foster where I bought some groceries at the commissary.  (I work for the Army on an Air Force Base and shop at a Marine Corps Base - quite ecumenical!)

The post exchange and commissary at Foster are much smaller than those at Kadena, yet they seem better stocked. I think they handle things that they know people will want, and leave the extraneous crap to the bigger stores.  Anyway, I am glad that I live so close to Camp Foster because shopping their is quicker and much more convenient.

There are no Wal-Marts on Okinawa.  That is a good thing.

I miss the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment