Visitors

Monday, September 6, 2010

More of the Same, with American and British Overtones

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer


The weather is still drab and dreary, causing me to remain inside feeling sorry for myself on the third day of the holiday weekend.  I'm sure that things will be bright and sunny tomorrow when I am safely back at work!

I am cooking today in an effort to create a comfort zone.  There is a nice roast in the crockpot along with a side of new potatoes.  The whole thing is simmering under a gravy of garlic and mushroom soup - and it smells warm and wonderful!  I have also hooked up my new television, the one that I bought strictly as a DVD player, and have popped in the first episode of BBC's Hamish Macbeth,  a quirky detective yarn set in Scotland and starring Robert Carlyle - way before Trainspotting and The Full Monty made him famous.  Hamish Macbeth is some of Carlyle's finest work.

Home is where we make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment