Visitors

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Let's Have Another One - Just Like the Other One!

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer


As I was preparing to leave work today, an email came around advising us to unplug and wrap all of our computers, telephones, and electronics in plastic garbage bags.  The reason:  another typhoon is expected to hit the island on Saturday evening..  Apparently Okinawa has not experienced any typhoons for a couple of years, and it is now literally "raining" typhoons.

Maybe this one will prove to be more exciting than the last.  I at least hope that it has a better name!

The movers returned and hauled off all of my empty boxes today, so now I officially feel at home.  Project for this weekend, barring a typhoon, will be to buy some long draperies for my patio sliding doors - two sets - and possibly a couple of nice rugs.  Nesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment