Visitors

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Crane at Marek Park

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer 


Marek Park is a sprawling green area of several acres that sits in front of the building in which I work.  It is surrounded by a paved walking track that is at least half-a-mile in length.  When I arrive in the mornings, there are always groups of people doing their morning PT at Marek, and many civilian spouses bring their small children to walk the track while the military parents are busy doing calisthenics or playing soccer or football.  By the time I leave work in the evening, parents and children have converged on the park for soccer practice.

Today, coming back from lunch, I spied a lone white crane ambling across the park, pecking at the ground for the occasional bug.  The crane was so unexpected, yet he seemed to be a vibrant and necessary part of the park experience.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment