Visitors

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lunch at American Village

Cement Barriers Along the Sea Wall
by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer


I went to lunch with friends today at American Village.  Actually, I ate a burger on base before we left because I still haven't found much in the way of local food that appeals to me.  In fact, I have been dealing with a continuous upset stomach since my arrival here in July.  I did eat a small rice pudding, which was good, and drank diet coke while they all sampled Thai cuisine at the restaurant we chose.

I have a theory about the local food here.  Most would be good, but it seems like they always add one more thing which ruins the appeal for me.  My Dad, during his final years, had lost most of his ability to taste, and consequently put all kinds of spices into his cooking - his attempt to "rev it up" a little.  Cooking on this island is something like that - always just one more ingredient - one too many!

I didn't take my camera today, but am attaching some random shots that I took yesterday when I walked to American Village.
Graffiti Art Along the Sea Wall Leading
to American Village

No comments:

Post a Comment