Visitors

Friday, October 8, 2010

Working for the Weekend!

by Pa Rock
Cultural Explorer


It's finally Friday evening on Okinawa!  Oh, the clouds are thick and close to the ground, but I don't care.  It's the weekend - a three-day weekend at that!

We started a new work schedule this week.  Instead of 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., those who wanted to could begin working an hour longer each day (7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) for eight days, and then get every other Friday off.  I signed-up because I live for days off!  But that extra hour has been pure hell.  It makes the days drag on forever.  And we were divided into two groups for the alternate Friday's off, and my best friends all seemed to wind up on one, and I landed on the other!  Oh well, I will use that day to sleep and do sanity restoration exercises!

Sunday I am headed into Naha on a tour bus to be part of the World's Greatest Tug-of-War!  Expect some hilarious photos - especially if it rains!

No comments:

Post a Comment